Last Saturday I had the privilege to attend the Sizzle Showdown Finale at Macy’s Herald Square, hosted by Macy’s Culinary Council. Macy’s spent all spring searching for the best grillers in America to compete for the ultimate prize here in New York City. It was a fun day of watching six top grillmasters compete to win $10,000 and take home the title of Grilling Guru! The judges were celebrity chefs Johnny Iuzzini and Todd English – two guys who clearly know a thing or two about great food.
It was a hot, sunny day in the city and the audience was packed with fans there to cheer on their favorite Grilling Guru to victory. The contestants had an hour to make their dishes. Everyone did an amazing job and the food looked incredible! Here’s what they made:
1. Sarah M. – Grilled Chicken Stuffed with Herb Goat Cheese and Prosciutto
2. Sonya G. – Pesto Citrus Prosciutto Grilled Shrimp with Mandarin Orange Grilled Red Pepper Fruit Salsa
3. Devon D. – Crab Sliders with Firecracker Chow & Avocado Tartar Cream
4. Mary S. – Pork & Beef Braids with Charred Apple-Mango Reduction on Grilled Kale
5. Sherri W. – Grilled Thai Lamb Loin Chops
6. Jack S. – Steak and Potato Sliders with Basil / Gorgonzola
Johnny Iuzzini and Todd English certainly had a tough job at the Sizzle Showdown – all of these Grilling Gurus made delicious looking food ! In the end, the chefs decided that Sherri W. was the winner.
I talked to Sherri after the show and she was thrilled to be named Macy’s Great American Grilling Guru! And lucky for you, I have her winning recipe to share with you.
I had such a great time at the Sizzle Showdown with my friend Connie from URBAN BAKES. We loved seeing the grillers in action, smelling all that delicious food, watching the celebrity chefs do their thing, and seeing Sherri W. win $10,000!
I am a member of the Everywhere Society and Everywhere has provided me with compensation for this post. However, all thoughts and opinions expressed herein are my own.