There is so much goodness packed into one little cookie – these White Chocolate Coconut Macadamia Nut Cookies are sweet and nutty and delicious!
I am very excited about today’s post. I have teamed up with some other wonderful bloggers in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. We all created pink recipes to help raise awareness. I love when baking/cooking leads to good! #CookingforaCure
The title of these cookies is a mouthful – White Chocolate Coconut Macadamia Nut Cookies! But I couldn’t leave an ingredient out of the name – they are all equally important and make up one amazing cookie!
Growing up, I always loved getting a cookie at Mrs. Fields when we would go to the mall. And my favorite flavor was the white chocolate macadamia nut cookie. There is just something about the flavor combo that is so great, especially when you add coconut to the mix! Every time I have one, it reminds me of being young.
I love the texture of these cookies. They are slightly crispy on the edges, but still super soft in the middle – that is my favorite cookie texture!
And then they are chock full of delicious ingredients. The coconut helps the cookies stay soft and chewy and adds a nice tropical flavor. The nuts add a great crunch and nutty flavor – I love macadamia nuts! And the white chocolate gets all melty and ties the whole cookie together. They really are delicious!
For a little extra flavor and to make the cookies pink pretty, I drizzled the top with some melted white chocolate mixed with a drop of red food coloring. Let me save you some trouble for your future white chocolate drizzling activities…white chocolate melted by itself will not drizzle well. I tried. It just doesn’t work, it gets kind of clumpy and not smooth at all. But! If you add just a touch of oil to the melted white chocolate, it gets nice and smooth and drizzle-able! I used coconut oil to keep with the coconut theme of the cookies, but you can also use regular vegetable oil.
Be sure to scroll to the bottom to check out all of the other amazing Pink recipes from my blogger friends!
There is so much goodness packed into one little cookie - these White Chocolate Coconut Macadamia Nut Cookies are sweet and nutty and delicious!
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup bread flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup macadamia nuts
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp oil (I used coconut oil)
- 1 drop red food coloring (optional)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, bread flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together melted butter and sugars. Add egg and egg yolk and whisk until very smooth and pale in color. Whisk in the vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Fold in the chocolate, nuts and coconut.
- Chill the dough for at least an hour and up to 48 hours.
- When ready to bake, remove dough from fridge and preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Scoop cookies in rounded tablespoons onto a cookie sheet. Bake for 8 - 10 minutes, until slightly golden on edges but still soft in the middle. Let the cookies cool on the sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Add the white chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 10 - 15 second increments, stirring after each time. When the chocolate is starting to melt, add in the oil. Continue heating and stirring until fully melted. Stir in the red food coloring, if desired. Transfer the white chocolate mixture to a ziplock bag and cut off the edge. Use this to drizzle over the cookies.
Connect with Chez CateyLou!
Oreo Inspired Chewy Chocolate White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
Megan @ My Bacon-Wrapped Life says
These look awesome Cate!! White chocolate macadamia is my fave, and adding coconut is just always a good idea!
Nora (A Clean Bake) says
White chocolate macadamia nut cookies are some of my favorites and I especially love this recipe because it is for such an amazing cause!
Amy | Club Narwhal says
Cate, these cookies look so lovely! I especially love that pretty pink frosting (and the white chocolate, and the macadamia nuts, and the coconut–um, okay, all of it!)
Laura @ Laura's Culinary Adventures says
The coconut was a great addition! It’s a tropical cookie! Yum!
Sherri@The Well Floured Kitchen says
Coconut and macadamia nuts are the perfect pairing. These cookies look delicious and can’t think of a better reason to add the pink drizzle!
Kristi @ Inspiration Kitchen says
Oh yum – white chocolate and macadamia nuts are my favorite cookies. You just made me a very, very happy girl!
Sarah K. @ The Pajama Chef says
white chocolate macadamia nut cookies were my go-to at subway. these sound wonderful!
Christine @ Cooking with Cakes says
I am seriously dumb founded that I have 1.) always love white chocolate macadamia nut cookies, 2.) literally throw coconut on anything humanly possible, and 3.) NEVER thought to combine these two loves!!!!! good thing you made this, cause I’ll never make that mistake again 🙂