Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins – light and fluffy muffins are full of delicious peanut butter and chocolate flavors. It is like dessert for breakfast!

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins | chezcateylou.com

Does anyone notice anything different today? Something new? Something fresh and clean? Yep, that’s right, Chez CateyLou got a makeover!! What do you think?

I am loving my new site design! A big thanks to the wonderful Katie at Twin Stripe for designing my logo. Didn’t she do an amazing job? Also a big thanks to TheBetterHalf for dealing with all the technical headaches that came along with this lovely new site. I’ll tell you what, all this blogging stuff is a lot harder than we thought it would be! But it is totally worth it.

So in honor of the first post on my newly designed site,  I made peanut butter chocolate chip muffins.  I obviously had to include peanut butter, my one true love (sorry TheBetterHalf, but that’s payback for when you wouldn’t say you loved me more than the Eagles).

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins | chezcateylou.com

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins | chezcateylou.com

I am obsessed with peanut butter! I eat a light wheat english muffin toasted with peanut butter 4 out of 5 work mornings. The peanut butter gets all melty and it is just my favorite!! I’ll try to have weeks where I eat healthier and have oatmeal or something equally as boring, but I honestly get depressed. I miss PB.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins | chezcateylou.com

Although I just realized that you wouldn’t necessarily know about my peanut butter obsession from my site because I really don’t have that many peanut butter recipes on here! Something to change in 2014.

But the reason for that is because I literally lose all self control if peanut butter is involved. The brain cells that deal with portion control just disappear when things like Butterfinger peanut butter oatmeal cookies or peanut butter buttercream are involved. And therefore I don’t bake with PB nearly as much as I would like to.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins | chezcateylou.com

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins | chezcateylou.com

But this weekend I was just dying to make something peanut buttery for breakfast. So I made these muffins, and promised myself I would only have 2….let’s just pretend that I stuck to that….

These muffins are so rich and full of peanut butter flavor, yet they still have a light texture. Of course I had to include chocolate chips because peanut butter and chocolate are best friends, everyone knows that. Jelly is getting a litttttle jealous right now but sorry jelly, chocolate > jelly.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins | chezcateylou.com

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins | chezcateylou.com

I love muffins because you can eat cake for breakfast and feel ok about it because it is disguised as breakfast food. Whoever came up with muffins is kind of a genius.

I also love muffins because they are so quick and easy – the batter comes together in no time, and then you can eat them within 5 minutes of coming out of the oven. So perfect for breakfast time!

And I highly recommend eating these warm, when the chocolate is still melty and gooey. They are SO good. And if you want to spread these with a little extra peanut butter, I won’t tell anyone ;)

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins | chezcateylou.com
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins | chezcateylou.com

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins - light and fluffy muffins are full of delicious peanut butter and chocolate flavors. It is like dessert for breakfast!

Ingredients

• 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
  • 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter (I used Jif)
  • 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 cup milk (I used 2%)
  • 3/4 cup chocolate chips

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a 12 count muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
  2. In a medium bowl, sift together the flours, baking powder, and salt.
  3. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix together the butter, peanut butter, and brown sugar until smooth and well combined. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition. Add the milk and stir until combined.
  4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined - do not over mix. Mix in the chocolate chips.
  5. Spoon the batter into the muffin tins, filling them evenly. If desired, sprinkle the tops with mini chocolate chips.
  6. Bake for 5 minutes at 425, then turn the heat down to 375 and bake for 12 - 15 minutes longer, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
  7. Cool in the muffin tin for a few minutes, then turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.

Need more muffins?  I have you covered!

Skinny Double Chocolate Muffins

Skinny Double Chocolate Muffins

Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Muffins

Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Muffins

Mini Pumpkin Cinnamon Chip Muffins

Mini Pumpkin Cinnamon Chip Muffins

Related posts:

Comments

1. says

I think Chez CateyLou looks beautiful! (And not just because of your new logo!) It was great to work with you and I hope we can work on future projects together.

Now for these muffins, yum! I’ll have to make these one weekend soon. I love a good pb/chocolate combo!

2. Susan says

Cate , I absolutely love the logo and the new site looks amazing ! I always look forward you reading the blog. I will definitely be baking these muffins soon.

3. Chris says

Cate- take hot oatmeal, add a big spoonful of peanut butter. Let melt for 2 minutes. Mix. Enjoy! I eat this every day in the office. The cafeteria workers used to think I was crazy until they started trying it.

4. says

Oh gosh looks SO GOOD! I want to go and eat out of my peanut butter jar now. I’m posting peanut butter tomorrow too because you know March is Peanut Month right ?! And March 1 is Peanut Butter Lovers Day. Sooo making these for that :) .

• says

Whaaaaat? I did not know about peanut month or pb lovers day! I need to study up on food holidays, especially such important ones!! Thanks, Jessica!!

5. says

Oh my lawd!! These muffins are amazing. They look so beautiful. And what a perfect way to welcome the new look. I love the new site. It’s so crisp!! And your photos, girl!! They stand out and are stunning. Ok pinning to make for my better half ;)

6. says

Oh my goodness, peanut butter muffins plus melty chocolate chips sounds beyond delicious right now. The new design looks great, but I have to say, these muffins look even better ;) Lovely photos, Cate!

7. says

Loving the new site design and logo! So cool! Congrats! And congrats to The Better Half on dealing with all the technical issues… I know it’s such a big pain in the rear to deal with all that stuff.

Loving these muffins, and beautiful photography too :)

8. says

NOMS!! These look so light and fluffy! Pinning all of these right now! I usually like to make muffins in my mini-tin to limit how much muffic I eat at one time, do you think they will come out fluffy enough?

• says

Thank you for pinning!! I haven’t tried these in mini form, but I think they would turn out great! As long as you don’t overmix the batter, and then reduce the baking time, you should be good to go. If you try it, let me know what you think!

9. says

Lol…the Eagles. Jelly is getting jealous…you’re hysterical! Chocolate + peanut butter = awesome AND I adore muffins so I’m loving these breakfast treats. The ones with the gooey melty chocolate are calling out to me! :) There’s no other way but to eat them warm. Yum yum!

• says

He’s worried that people will think I mean the band and not the football team so let me clarify here – he means the football team! Haha. Thanks, Tina!! Warm muffins are the best!!

10. says

Hey Cate, I LOVE your new site! It’s got a bit of extra pzazz (spelling?) but it’s still lovely and ‘clean and airy’ for want of a better description. Congratulations and thank goodness you’ve got over the techy headaches already. I totally hear you on that … I love blogging so far but that’s the part I really don’t enjoy! Anyway, wonderful recipe to celebrate with! The muffins look simple (just my kind of recipe!) and yet I bet they are delicious with all that lovely PB! :-)

• says

I am so excited about the re-design! Thank you so much for the kind words! And these muffins are definitely breakfast approved, so I hope you make ASAP! A little chocolate for breakfast is good for the soul :)

11. says

I just ran across your blog, and I look forward to seeing more of your recipes… a blog with a whole section for doughnuts is worth coming back to! And as a new food blogger myself, I hear ya on the technical stuff being more challenging than expected. Can’t wait to try this recipe…

12. Cassandra says

I’m going to make these tomorrow, using Sunbutter in place of peanut butter and a banana instead of the eggs. My daughter has severe food allergies to tree nuts, peanuts, and eggs, so I alter a lot of recipes! I’m also pregnant and this popped up on Pinterest and I have to try them. I love eating oatmeal with peanut butter (or Sunbutter or whatever nut/seed butter you prefer) and cocoa powder mixed in. A tablespoon or two of pb and a bit of cocoa powder, so yummy and pretty healthy if you cook the oats.

• Cassandra says

For the record, I did bake these and they were awesome! I slightly overbaked mine, because I got distracted, but they are still moist and tasty! Eating one with whip cream right now. :) Thanks for the recipe!

Trackbacks