Buttery, tender lemon buttermilk cake is topped with a tangy lemon glaze – this fresh and delicious Lemon Bundt Cake is a citrus lovers dream!
It is time for another Mystery Dish! And I’m soooo excited because this month I was the host! That’s right, I got to pick a list of ingredients for my other blog friends to use in their creations. So fun!
In order to celebrate, I bought myself a Bundt Pan! You think I’m kidding, right?
Nope, I’m serious, I really bought a bundt pan just for this. I will take any excuse I can to buy new kitchen supplies!
But I had been eyeing this lemon bundt cake recipe for ages and I knew it would be the perfect thing to make for my month of Mystery Dish!
So are you wondering what ingredients I picked? I seriously agonized over this decision – I wanted to pick things that had never been used before and I wanted a good variety of ingredients, but I also had to make sure that some of the ingredients could complement each other. So much pressure! Ha, not really – it is more like so much fun! Such a food blogging dork. Here is the winning list and the reason behind my choice:
-peanut butter chips: they make any cookie better
-edamame: such a random choice
-lemon: because it was in my cake recipe 🙂
-yeast: what’s better than bread?
-whole wheat pastry flour: I’ve been obsessed with the stuff lately
-bacon: enough said.
-buttermilk: see lemon
-basil: best herb out there
-zucchini: summer, again!
So why have I been eyeing this lemon bundt cake recipe? It just sounded so summery and delicious. I always think of summer when I think of lemon desserts.
And I knew it would be a great recipe because it is from Cook’s Illustrated – their stuff is always the best!
And of course, they did not disappoint! This lemon bundt cake is so full of bright lemon flavor thanks to zest and juice in the batter, and then more juice in the glaze.
The cake itself is so rich and buttery and buttermilk helps it stay tender and moist. It is delicious for dessert, or for a snack with some tea. We actually ate it for breakfast!
I am always amazed each month to see what everyone comes up with. My blogging friends are so creative and talented, and it is incredible how we all end up making such different things! Check out their recipes, the links are below the picture!
And a special welcome to our guest poster this month, the lovely Chelsea from Chelsea’s Messy Apron! Her blog is awesome – she comes up with the greatest recipes and is constantly posting new things.
1. Raspberry Lemon Sweet Roll Cake with Buttermilk Glaze – Baking a Moment
2. Twice Baked Zucchini Boat – Chelsea’s Messy Apron
3. Buttermilk Panna Cotta with Raspberry Mint Compote – Blahnik Baker
4. Lemon-Raspberry Bundt Cake – I Dig Pinterest
5. Peanut Butter Chip Cookies – The Dessert Chronicles
6. Mini Coconut Cupcakes with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting – I Want Crazy
7. Zucchini Noodles with Meat Mushroom Tomato Sauce – Joyfully Healthy Eats
8. Baked Wonton Cups Filled with Edamame Corn Salad – The Well Floured Kitchen
9. Easy 30 Minute Orange Rolls – Yummy Healthy Easy
10. BBQ Chicken Salad with Jalapeno Basil Ranch Dressing – The Pajama Chef
11. Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cupcakes – Culinary Couture
12. Zucchini Muffins with Lemon Glaze – The Weary Chef
13. Lemon Bundt Cake – Chez CateyLou
More lemon love!